Theog Town was notified as Notified Area committee in the year 1949 & upgraded in the status of Small Town committee in the year 1962.Thereafter the boundaries of the jurisdiction of the committee was extended & the area merged up to 4 square Kilometers .The status of the committee was further upgraded to the IInd class Municipality in the year 1968. In pursuance to the 74th constitutional amendment Act,1993 the Governor of H.P. has promulgated the H.P. Municipal Ordinance No.2 of 1994 on 30.5.94 .Under section 3 of the ordinance every Municipality existing at the commencement of this ordinance was designated as Municipal Council. Accordingly this Municipal committee was designated as Municipal council. Accordingly to2001 census , the population of the Municipality has gone up to 3754. This Municipality is situated 32 Km far from the Distt. Headquarter Shimla on the National High way -22 which is called Hindustan Tibbut road & the height of the town from the sea level is about 7500 Ft.The Municipality has also provided rent free accommodation for the housing of Distt. Library .The Municipal Council ,Theog consists seven No wards named as:- 1-Janog 2.Premghat 3.Naya bazaar 4.Ram bazaar 5.Krishana Galli 6.Shalli Bazar 7.Rahighat.
Vision: Municipal council is constituted to provide error free services, like free movement for living, working ,shopping places and other allied/civic amenities.
• To provide street lights ,pucca path and road for free movement. • To provide park, recreation centre ,town Hall ,amusement centre etc. • Shopping place marketing centre to receive necessary requirement near the residing area of inhabitants of town • To provide good sanitation conditions like adequate No. of toilets, Proper drainage and sewerage system and dust bins.
What We Do